Meatloaf muffin tin mini's
NOTE: I mixed these up the night before & placed in the fridge, I think that really increased the flavor ten fold. I put these in the oven straight of of the fridge. If allowed to come to room temp first the cooking time would probably be slightly reduced. Prep time includes "marinading" in fridge overnight.
- 11/2 lb
- 80% ground beef
- sleeve crackers, crushed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp
- granulated garlic
- 1 tsp
- black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 c
- red onion, finely diced
- 1 c
- celery, finely diced
How to Make Meatloaf muffin tin mini's
- 1In a large bowl break up the ground beef. Add the dry seasoning around on top of the beef, then the Worcestershire, then the crackers and then break the eggs on top. Mix with hands until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- 2Spray the inside of a 6 slot muffin tin with non stick spray. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out TWO scoops of meat and form together into a ball, place in one slot. Repeat. I used a thick round wooden skewer to poke a hole down through the center, this helps the inside release juices and cook more evenly. If you have any leftover meat you can fry it up in a skillet like a salsbury steak.
- 3Place in 350º oven and bake for approximately 40 min. Next time I will try a 375º oven, it will cut the time and I will report my results. Once they were done they had a little of the coooked meat juices on the outside, I scraped that off with a spoon and placed them back in the oven on a flat baking sheet for 5 min just to brown the outside, this step is not necessary.
- 4NOTE: For a lower fat mini meatloaf use 90% lean ground beef, however this might make for a less juicy mini!
For lower sodium use reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce.