Turkey Meatloaf Quinoa with Cumin Glaze
20 ozground turkey
2 ccooked quinoa
1/2 cred pepper, finely chopped
1/2 ccarrots, finely chopped
2 Tbspolive oil
2 largeonions, caramelized
1 Tbsproasted garlic
1 Tbsptomato paste
1 Tbsphot pepper sauce
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1 1/2 tspsalt
1 tspground black pepper
1 tspdried thyme
1 Tbspground cumin
dash(es)hot pepper sauce
How to Make Turkey Meatloaf Quinoa with Cumin Glaze
- Slice the top of a head of garlic or 12 like I do in foil and roast slow to bring out the sweetness, cool and squeeze out the garlic it should be dark but not burnt you can not use burnt garlic so check it from time to time, it will freeze really well and is great in mashed potato's, I do this the day before when I am doing the onions
- Heat 1 tbl oil in a large sauté pan, add onions on med low heat to caramelize onions, the longer you cook them the sweeter they will be remove to cool. I do this the day before, Add 1 tbl oil add carrot, peppers cook until soft. Set aside and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, rinsed cooked quinoa, cooked vegetables, egg, tomato paste hot pepper sauce, worcestershire sauce, roasted garlic, onions, sugar, salt & pepper. Mix well by hand until thoroughly combined try not to mix it to death
- Mix all the glaze ingredients set aside
- Press into a loaf pan set in fridge to firm, preheat oven to 375°
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- When oven reaches temp remove from fridge run a knife around the pan to loosen the sides turn the pan over in one quick movement and give a hard slap on the pan lined with the parchment paper
- Cooking Quinoa
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1.Rinse quinoa and drain
2.Add 2 cups of water, bring to a boil.
4.Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
5.Turn off heat and let stand for 10 minutes Fluff with a fork and let cool.
1 cup dry quinoa yields about 3 cups cooked quinoa, 1 cup quinoa will cook in about 20 minutes. Quinoa must be rinsed quinoa is really excellent when cooked in vegetable or chicken broth. try adding other spices aromatics during cooking, a clove of smashed garlic, a sprig of fresh rosemary or thyme.
- Have a instant read thermometer on hand or slid in the middle a dig thermometer and set to 155 deg cook for ten minutes remove and top with glaze back in oven to reach safe temperature, Remove and let rest 10 min.