Turkey and Butternut squash casserole
You can add as many veggies as you want to this dish.
Take out the noodles and you have a great dip, or spread on any type of bread!
1 lbground turkey, or leftover turkey
2 ccroutons, or leftover dressing
1 tsppoultry seasoning
1/2 tsporegano, dried
1/2 tspcelery seed
1 pkgcream cheese
1 cvegetable or chicken broth
1/2 cshredded cheese
2 ccooked pasta (egg noodles work great, but can use just about any large paste)
How to Make Turkey and Butternut squash casserole
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Scoop out pulp; mash and set aside.
- While cooking the squash 10-15 minutes, cook the onions and any other veggie you added until tender. Do not include the corn. Add all the seasonings.
- Add the Turkey to this and cook the turkey until done. If the turkey is cooked already, leave to the side until squash is done.
- Add the croutons or dressing and cook a few minutes more.
- Once squash is done, add the squash, turkey (if have not already), cream cheese, noodles (if adding) and broth. Mix until all the cheese is melted and thoroughly mixed.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.