OVEN ROASTED TURKEY THIGHS
Rose Mary Mogan
Turkey isn't just for Thanksgiving when you can get parts under $7.00. They were perfect & economical for dinner.
The flavors from the garden herbs & other added herbs made this a very comforting dinner.
The roasted veggies complimented the dinner plate nicely,& the flavorful pan drippings would make a perfectly flavored pan gravy if desired. We had 2 meals from the 3 thighs, & the cranberry sauce & stuffing reminded me of the holidays.
- turkey thighs (mine had the back portion attached) about 4 1/2 -5 pounds
- 2 large
- onions, cut into eights
- 1 lb
- baby carrots
- 8 medium
- mini sweet peppers cut into quarters
- 4-6 clove
- 2 sprig(s)
- each fresh thyme & rosemary
- 8 oz
- sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- mrs dash (no salt added)
- 1 Tbsp
- steak seasoning (similiar to montreal )
- 2 tsp
- each granulated garlic & onion
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth optional
How to Make OVEN ROASTED TURKEY THIGHS
- 4Lay in baking pan on top of the vegetable bed. Add the chicken broth if desired. Spray top with non stick cooking spray, and add additional sprigs of fresh herbs. Add pan to preheated 350 degrees F. oven and bake for about 1 hour & 25 minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced with a fork and an instant read thermometer reaches 165 degrees F. I then covered the pan with foil and returned to the oven an additional 20 minutes to create a softer texture in the skin. That's optional.