My Mom's Moist Turkey Stuffing
1/2 lbbacon cut into pieces
2 conion sliced thin
2 ccelery cut thin crosswise
1 lbwhite bread, toasted and dried
1 Tbsppoultry seasing
1 Tbspsalt (or more if needed)
1/4 tspblack or white pepper
1/2 cparsley, chopped medium fine
·turkey liver and heart cooked and chopped fine
How to Make My Mom's Moist Turkey Stuffing
- The day before you make the stuffing, toast the entire loaf of white bread and let it dry out.
- To start making the stuffing, boil the livers and heart in water for 15-20 minutes until done, then chop into fine pieces.
- Fry bacon slowly until medium done. Add chopped livers and cook about 5 minutes, then add the celery and onions. Cover pan and steam about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While the veggies are cooking, pour cold water on the toasted bread until it swells and then pressed until very fluffy.
- Pour the vegetable mixture over the bread. Season with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and parsley.
- Last, add the eggs, and mix lightly with two forks. If the mixture appears dry, melted butter may be added. Taste and season further if necessary.
- Put the stuffing into the turkey cavity and the small neck cavity.