Healthier Burrito Casserole
1 lbground turkey
1 cloveminced garlic
1 can(s)10 oz rotel
1 pkgtaco seasoning
2-1/2 cpicante sauce
1 can(s)16 oz fat-free refried beans
128 inch wheat tortillas
9 ozreduced fat cheddar cheese
How to Make Healthier Burrito Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute turkey, onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat, if desired.
- Add the Rotel, picante and refried beans. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of meat mixture in bottom of a 4 qt casserole dish. Cover with a layer of tortillas followed by more meat mixture, then a layer of cheese.
- Repeat tortilla meat, cheese pattern until all the tortillas are used, topping off with a layer of meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
Can serve with sour cream, lettuce and extra salsa/picante.