Di's Turkey Burgers, Vers. 2.0
1 lbground turkey
1 tsppepper (i use cracked black pepper)
1 tspgarlic powder
3 dash(es)poultry seasoning (i use bell's)
1/2 coatmeal, uncooked (i use old-fashioned)
2 Tbspwheat germ
2/3 cchicken broth, low salt
1/2 tspunflavored gelatin
1 Tbspbutter, unsalted (optional, for sauteing)
How to Make Di's Turkey Burgers, Vers. 2.0
- In a glass measuring cup, dissolve the gelatin into the chicken broth. It will set up while you mix the other ingredients.
- In a 2 qt. bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Lightly stir to combine. Add the gelatin mixture. (You might need a small spatula to get it out of the cup.) Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Wet your hands and shape the meat into burgers. You can make 4 large or 6 medium size burgers. Place the burgers on a parchment-lined plate. Cover and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- To cook the burgers, you have several options: broil, saute or grill. I sauteed these in 1 T butter over medium heat for about 8 minutes a side.
To broil, Place on broiler pan and broil about 6-8 minutes a side.
To grill, cook til meat reaches an internal temp. of 165 degrees.
- Notes: You can substitute an egg for the chicken broth/gelatin mixture.