Crisp Turkey Fundidos
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I really liked the creaminess of the meat mixture and the crunchy deep fried shell. These would be perfect for game day... or anytime really! The Test Kitchen
- flour tortillas
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 c
- turkey, shredded
- 1 can(s)
- green chiles, mild (small can)
- 2 Tbsp
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 bottle
- canola oil
- 12 slice
- cheddar cheese, sliced
How to Make Crisp Turkey Fundidos
- 1In a medium sized pot, combine turkey, green chilies, taco seasoning, and 1/4 cup water. let simmer on low for about 15 minutes.
- 2While turkey is heating up, fill a pan with enough oil to deep fry, or use a deep fryer.
- 3Spread cream cheese in the center of each tortilla, spoon out about 1/4 cup of turkey mixture on top of cream cheese.
- 4Fold the ends inward making a square. I use a tooth pick to keep it closed while cooking.
- 5Put one or two at a time into hot grease 375゜ Cook until golden brown. Remove and place on paper towel to drain grease. Place slice of cheddar cheese on top to melt.
☝We like putting LaVictoria taco sauce on ours. But they are yummy all by their selves.