Baked Turkey Cutlets à la Maryland
- 2 lb
- turkey cutlets, breast or thigh meat
- 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 c
- bread crumbs
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- butter *or*
- several strips of bacon
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make Baked Turkey Cutlets à la Maryland
- 1Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil, sprayed with cooking spray (a rack over the foil is optional). Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Veal may be substituted for the turkey cutlets.
Cut turkey in pieces 3 inches long and 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide. Beat the egg with a tablespoon of water and place in a shallow bowl. Place flour and breadcrumbs in separate shallow bowls.
- 3Roll turkey pieces in flour, then dip in beaten egg. Roll in breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet. Dot with butter or lay small strips of bacon on top of turkey pieces.
- 4Bake in hot oven for 25 minutes. Serve with white sauce or chicken gravy.
Optional method: substitute 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs.