IGA Alamogordo Mashed Potato Burrito Revised
Once I tried these babies, I was hooked and the only thing that made it better was when chile roasting season came in. I would get a burrito and wait for a freshly roasted chile and slide it in.
- slices thick bacon, cut and diced
- 1/2 lb
- hot sausage
- 1 Tbsp
- red chile flakes
- 13 oz
- fresh, frozen or canned green chile, drained (reserve the juice)
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, or a cheddar-jack mix
- 1 Tbsp
- sirahcha sauce
- 3-4 c
- mashed potatoes
- pepper to taste
- flour tortillas
How to Make IGA Alamogordo Mashed Potato Burrito Revised
- 4Now add the cooked, cold mashed potatoes and use a wire whip to blend together. Now....if you need to, incorporate a little of the green chile juice. You shouldn't have to, but just in case. Reserve that juice for making scrambled eggs in the morning or adding to your beans....Living in Alaska...I make every use possible for my chile.
- 5Add 1 TBSP Siracha sauce and pepper to taste.