Vongole Contadina (Steamed Clams With Prosciutto)
Another wonderful dish by Umberto Menghi, from his Seafood Cookbook.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6lbs clams, fresh, washed and cleaned
3ounces prosciutto, julienned, good quality
1garlic clove, whole, peeled
2tablespoons olive oil
1/4cup white wine, dry
1/2cup whipping cream
2tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1/4teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
How to Make Vongole Contadina (Steamed Clams With Prosciutto)
- Saute prosciutto and garlic in oil and butter in a pot for 1 minute.
- Add the white wine, wait 30 seconds than add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Next, add the clams and cover the pot and steam for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Please, discard any clams that do not open. They are bad.
- Add the butter and parsley to the pot and mix together, season with parsley and black pepper.
- Transfer the clams and prosciutto mixture to a serving bowl and enjoy.