My Wife and I still enjoy this meal, as much as I did growing up, and it is still a top five all time favorite meal for me. It is especially delicious when served with Creamed Peas and Fried Potatoes.
I have refined my Mothers basic recipe, which is delicious, to accommodate my tastes and I hope you will enjoy it too!!
- 2 can(s)
- pink salmon, (14.5 oz ea. can)
- 1 can(s)
- condensed cream of mushroom soup, (10.5 oz can)
- 3/4 c
- bread crumbs, use more if mixture is too runny, (seasoned are fine)
- 1 tsp
- celery salt
- 2 Tbsp
- onion flakes, dehydrated
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 jar(s)
- ragu cheesy double cheddar sauce (personal preference), (16 oz jar)
FEEL FREE TO MAKE YOUR OWN CHEESE SAUCE BUT FOR EASE I USE STORE BOUGHT
BUTTER AND OLIVE OIL FOR FRYING.
How to Make Salmon Patties
- 1Because this requires pan frying, I highly recommend using a well seasoned cast iron skillet. There really is no substitute but any good heavy skillet will do.
- 2Drain and clean salmon of all bones and skin.
- 3In a large bowl combine all ingredients, except cheese sauce, and mix thoroughly.
- 4Refrigerate up to an hour to let flavors blend and mixture to firm up a bit.
- 5Add Butter and Olive Oil to pan over Medium High Heat.
- 6Form Salmon mixture into 2"-3" balls and place in skillet a couple at a time. Don't crowd the skillet. Let sit for about a minute then gently press down and form into a patty about 1/2" - 3/4" thick.
- 7Continue cooking for about 3-4 minutes per side or until a nice crust forms. These should be crispy on the outside and tender and moist inside, not dry. The caramelization on each side adds an essential depth of flavor and texture to these patties.
- 8Remove patties and drain on paper towel. Heat Cheese Sauce, about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes in microwave, don't over do it. Serve Patties hot and drizzle moderately with cheese sauce.