Risotto - Shrimp and Wild Mushroom
Please feel free to use the amount of shrimp you want, we like a lot.
2lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1teaspoon dried marjoram, divided
1teaspoon salt, divided
1/4teaspoon pepper, divided
2tablespoons olive oil
4ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
2ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced
1cup sweet onion, chopped
1garlic clove, minced
1 1/2cups arborio rice
2(14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
1/4teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2cup dry white wine
1cup frozen peas, small and thawed
1/2cup parmesan cheese, finely shredded (good quality)
1tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
How to Make Risotto - Shrimp and Wild Mushroom
- Toss shrimp with 1/2 tsp marjoram, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to pan and cook 4-5 minutes until browned.
- Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
- Add butter, onion, garlic, remaining marjoram, salt and pepper to pan and cook till tender 3-4 minutes.
- Add rice, and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small pot bring broth and turmeric to boil, remove from heat and cover with lid to keep hot.
- Add wine to rice mixture, stirring constantly until wine is absorbed 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of hot broth at a time, until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Rice should be tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Add peas, shrimp and mushrooms to last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat and sir in cheese, sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest-- Serve immediately.