Leslie Speed Dutton
Growing up on the Texas Gulf Coast, the love of seafood, no matter where it's from is embedded in my DNA. I love Italian food, too. This is a great combination.
Risotto is really easy to make. Do't let anyone fool you. If you can stand in front of your stove for 20-25 minutes, stirring rice at a speedy pace,you can make any kind of risotto that you can find or develope a recipe for.mit just takes patience. ????
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 carborio rice, pre-blanched for 9 minutes
8 ozlobster meat, chopped
1 largeshallot, minced
3 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 cwhite wine
4 chot lobster stock ***see cook's note below
4 Tbspmascarpone cheese
4 Tbsplemon zest, freshly grated
2 Tbspmargarine or unsalted butter
·salt & pepper
How to Make Lobster Risotto
- Sauté garlic & shallots in olive oil, until golden brown.
- Add rice and stir for 30 seconds.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine.
- Then add hot lobster stock a ½ cup at a time, stirring constantly, until rice is cooked.
- Add lobster and stir for 30 more seconds.
- Fold in mascarpone, lemon zest, chives & butter. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- ***Cook's Note - if you cannot find lobster stock in your supermarket, you can substitute it with Chicken s rock or make your own lobster stock using the recipe that I have post.