Frutti Di Mare Marinated Seafood & Hot Red Chili
This dish is to die for, its so good. I must admit that I leave out the squid, it's a personal preference only.
If you don't like heat much, just add 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of the red hot chili.
This is a beautiful light meal, served with a simple green salad, your favorite organic bread and fruit.
- squid, fresh (optional)
- onion, peeled, thinly sliced into rings
- tablespoon olive oil
- mussels, fresh, washed and cleaned
- shrimp, fresh, jumbo, shell left on
- scallops, fresh, large
- cup wine, dry, white
- lemons, juiced
- teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- teaspoon salt, fine, sea
- teaspoon pepper, black
- teaspoon chili pepper, red, hot, seeded, finely chopped
- tablespoon scallion, washed, finely chopped
- tablespoon dill, fresh, finely chopped
- tomato, large, eye removed and scored with an x on top
How to Make Frutti Di Mare Marinated Seafood & Hot Red Chili
- 1If using the squid, clean the squid by pulling off the head and pulling out the entrails. Remove the guill from the squid and discard. Lay the squid on a cutting board and with a sharp knife, scape off the membrane.
- 2Rinse under cold running water, cut off the tentacles and reserve. Make sure to cut off the beak-like mouth. Chop the tentacles and body into 1/2 inch rounds, pat dry and set aside until needed.
- 3In a pot saute the onion in oil until soft and transparent.
- 4Add the squid to the pot and saute for 3 - 4 minutes, then add the mussels, shrimps and scallops, cover and steam for 5 - 6 minutes, until the mussels open.
- 5Please, discard any mussels that do not open -- they are bad.
- 6Next, add the white wine, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to the pot and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, then transfer to a bowl.
- 7Add the red hot chili pepper, scallions and dill to a small bowl and gently mix together.
- 8Put your large bowl of seafood in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours.
- 9When ready remove bowl from fridge, using a slotted spoon, transfer the seafood onto a plate or platter.
- 10Blanch the tomato for 20 seconds, in rapidly boiling water, then plunge into ice cold water. Peel, seed and julienne the tomato.
- 11Garnish the seafood platter with tomato and serve immediately.
- 12Bon Appetite.