Frutti Di Mare Marinated Seafood & Hot Red Chili
This dish is to die for, its so good. I must admit that I leave out the squid, it's a personal preference only.
If you don't like heat much, just add 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of the red hot chili.
This is a beautiful light meal, served with a simple green salad, your favorite organic bread and fruit.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8squid, fresh (optional)
1/2onion, peeled, thinly sliced into rings
1tablespoon olive oil
16mussels, fresh, washed and cleaned
16shrimp, fresh, jumbo, shell left on
16scallops, fresh, large
1cup wine, dry, white
1teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
2tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
1teaspoon salt, fine, sea
1/2teaspoon pepper, black
1teaspoon chili pepper, red, hot, seeded, finely chopped
1tablespoon scallion, washed, finely chopped
1tablespoon dill, fresh, finely chopped
1tomato, large, eye removed and scored with an x on top
How to Make Frutti Di Mare Marinated Seafood & Hot Red Chili
- If using the squid, clean the squid by pulling off the head and pulling out the entrails. Remove the guill from the squid and discard. Lay the squid on a cutting board and with a sharp knife, scape off the membrane.
- Rinse under cold running water, cut off the tentacles and reserve. Make sure to cut off the beak-like mouth. Chop the tentacles and body into 1/2 inch rounds, pat dry and set aside until needed.
- In a pot saute the onion in oil until soft and transparent.
- Add the squid to the pot and saute for 3 - 4 minutes, then add the mussels, shrimps and scallops, cover and steam for 5 - 6 minutes, until the mussels open.
- Please, discard any mussels that do not open -- they are bad.
- Next, add the white wine, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper to the pot and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the red hot chili pepper, scallions and dill to a small bowl and gently mix together.
- Put your large bowl of seafood in the fridge to marinate for 4 hours.
- When ready remove bowl from fridge, using a slotted spoon, transfer the seafood onto a plate or platter.
- Blanch the tomato for 20 seconds, in rapidly boiling water, then plunge into ice cold water. Peel, seed and julienne the tomato.
- Garnish the seafood platter with tomato and serve immediately.
- Bon Appetite.