Crab Stuffed Portabella Caps
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- red bell pepper
- 2 tsp
- garlic, minced
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- 1 lb
- crab meat, blue crab
- 4 large
- portabella mushroom caps
- 1/2 lb
- baby bella mushroom slices, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 - 1 c
- plain bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
How to Make Crab Stuffed Portabella Caps
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Add olive oil saute pan
- 3Add onions, celery, chopped baby bella slices and garlic and once they begin to soften.
- 4Add red bell pepper
- 5Add crab meat, stirring to break apart meat.
- 6Add cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7At this point you may need to add some water, maybe 1/4 cup or so, just enough that the mixture looks very wet, not enough water that it goes over the top of the mixture or any veggies are floating.
- 8Next add bread crumbs to mixture, enough to make it paste-like.
- 9Remove from heat, begin adding mixture to large mushroom caps. (I was able to fill 4 large caps, but did have a little leftover to fill a ramekin.)
- 10Sprinkle tops with breadcrumbs and a pat of butter.
- 11Place mushroom caps in baking dish, add some water to bottom of dish.
- 12Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown on top and caps begin to soften a little.