Crab Stuffed Portabella Caps
2 Tbspolive oil
1red bell pepper
2 tspgarlic, minced
3 stalk(s)celery, chopped
1 lbcrab meat, blue crab
4 largeportabella mushroom caps
1/2 lbbaby bella mushroom slices, chopped
1 Tbspcayenne pepper
1/2 - 1 cplain bread crumbs
·salt and pepper
How to Make Crab Stuffed Portabella Caps
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add olive oil saute pan
- Add onions, celery, chopped baby bella slices and garlic and once they begin to soften.
- Add red bell pepper
- Add crab meat, stirring to break apart meat.
- Add cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- At this point you may need to add some water, maybe 1/4 cup or so, just enough that the mixture looks very wet, not enough water that it goes over the top of the mixture or any veggies are floating.
- Next add bread crumbs to mixture, enough to make it paste-like.
- Remove from heat, begin adding mixture to large mushroom caps. (I was able to fill 4 large caps, but did have a little leftover to fill a ramekin.)
- Sprinkle tops with breadcrumbs and a pat of butter.
- Place mushroom caps in baking dish, add some water to bottom of dish.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown on top and caps begin to soften a little.