- 1 lb
- jumbo shrimp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- each of paprika,cumin
- 5 oz
- mexican style chorizo
- 1/4 c
- diced onion
- jalapenos deseeded and cut into a small dice
- 1 c
- of fresh zucchini cut into half moons
How to Make Chorizo shrimp
- 1Remove shells from shrimp but leave tails on and butterfly. Add evoo to shrimp in a bowl along with the paprika and cumin and mix until coated and set aside.
- 2In a nonstick pan over medium heat add the chorizo and saute until fat starts to render. Add the onion and jalapeno and saute for about 5-7 minutes until chorizo slightly browns.
- 3Push chorizo mixture to the side of the pan and add the zucchini and saute until slightly caramelized but not soft (about 2 minutes) then briefly stir the chorizo mixture with the zucchini and place in a bowl and set aside.
- 4Add flattened shrimp to the pan and saute for about 1 minute and flip over. Saute another 1-2 minutes or until shrimp are pink and plump