Shrimp Edamame Kakiage Tempura Melt
1/4small sweet onion
16fresh medium shrimp, peeled deveined and tail removed
1/3 cedamame, shelled
2 tsphorseradish wasabi paste
1 tspsoy sauce
1/4 call-purpose flour
1/3 ccold water
·canola oil for deep-fry
4 sliceswiss cheese
4sandwich rolls, split
How to Make Shrimp Edamame Kakiage Tempura Melt
- Chop onion. Cut each shrimp into 2-3.
- Make sauce. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, soy sauce and wasabi paste.
- In a medium-large bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, cornstarch and water. (not mix too much)
- Put shrimp, edamame and onions into the flour mixture bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a large work or fry pan, heat enough canola oil to deep-fry kakiage tempura. Divide the shrimp mixture into four, scoop with slotted spoon and drop into the oil one by one. Deep-fry over medium heat until lightly brown and crisp. (about 5 minutes) Turn and deep-fry the other side until lightly brown and crisp. (about 4 minutes) Drain on paper towels.
- Spread the sauce on the bottom of each roll, put 1 kakiage tempura and 1 slice swiss cheese on top. Assemble 3 more sandwiches. Then place sandwiches on a baking sheet with the top of the rolls. Broil in the oven until cheese melt.
- Take the baking pan out of the oven, put the top of each roll to close each sandwich. Serve immediately,