Seaside Garden Sandwich
- 8 slice
- sourdough bread (lightly toasted, if desired)
- 1/3 c
- low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 c
- dijon mustard
- romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 slice
- provolone cheese
- large tomato, thinly sliced
- red onion, thinly sliced
- cucumber, peeled and cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- avocados, peeled and sliced
- 4 oz
- bean sprouts (or alfalfa sprouts)
How to Make Seaside Garden Sandwich
- 1Spread mayonnaise and Dijon mustard on one side of all 8 slices of bread.
- 2Place a lettuce leaf on four slices of bread, then top with a slice of cheese. Then, on top of the cheese, add (in this order) one tomato slice, onion slices, cucumber slices, and avocado slices. Top with desired amount of sprouts.
- 3Add the second slice of bread to each sandwich (the mayo-mustard spread side down of course), and slice the sandwiches in half diagonally.
TIP: If the onion has too much "bite", tame it by rinsing it under cold running water or soaking it in a bowl of cold water for a few minutes. Pat dry before putting on your sandwich.