Seafood Splendor Hoagies - Cold Sandwich
- 1 lb
- whole alaska king crab legs
- 1/2 lb
- tiger shrimp, deveined, cooked, shelled, chopped
- 1/2 lb
- cooked cocktail shrimp
- 1 c
- litehouse coleslaw dressing
- juice from 1 meyer lemon
- 1/2 tsp
- minced tarragon
- 1 Tbsp
- minced chives
- 1 stalk(s)
- celery, peeled and finely diced
- grannie smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp
- salt flakes
- 1/2 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- hoagie rolls, unsplit
- sriracha sauce
- butter or iceberg lettuce leaves
- paprika for garnish
- lemon quarters
How to Make Seafood Splendor Hoagies - Cold Sandwich
- 1Mix the Coleslaw dressing, lemon juice, celery, diced apple, chives, celery (if using), salt and pepper together and taste for seasoning. Add more lemon or tarragon as needed to taste. Stir, cover and store in a refrigerator until needed.
- 2Chop the tiger shrimp into ½-inch chunks and add to a bowl containing the cocktail shrimp, then add in 3 tablespoons of the coleslaw mixture and stir to incorporate, then place in the fridge for up to 1 hour.
- 3If crab legs are not cut in half, use kitchen shears or sharp knife to cut the King crab legs in half lengthwise, carefully removing the crab, trying to keep each half in one long piece, remove the cartilage. Set aside.
- 4Using a sharp knife cut out the middle of the hoagie rolls forming a deep pocket in each roll, being careful to not cut through the sides or bottom of the roll.
- 5Line each pocket with lettuce leaves. Drizzle ½ teaspoon Siriracha (or other hot sauce) over the lettuce. Place 2-3 long King crab halves on top of the lettuce, spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the shrimp mixture on top of the crab, making sure the sandwich is filled, then sprinkle with paprika for color.
- 6Serve with lemon quarters on the side.