☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- zucchini, trimmed and each cut into 6 lengthwise slices
- 4 tsp
- extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp
- balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- 8 large
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 medium
- tomato, thinly sliced
- 6 oz
- fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
How to Make Grilled Zucchini Caprese Sandwiches
- 1Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat, or prepare your charcoal grill.
- 2Place zucchini in a shallow dish. Add 2 teaspoons oil and garlic; toss to coat.
- 3Arrange zucchini in grill pan or on your grill; cook 2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appear.
- 4Cut each zucchini piece in half crosswise. Return zucchini to shallow dish. Drizzle with vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- 5Brush bottom halves of rolls with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Top evenly with zucchini, basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella.
- 6Brush cut side of roll tops with remaining liquid from shallow dish, and place on sandwiches. Heat the sandwiches in pan or on foil on the grill until warm.