Torresmos - Marinated Pork
This recipe can also be braised on the stove top in the marinade until fork tender.
Please Note: Prep time is the meat marinating in the fridge overnight.
- lbs pork butt, boneless, cut into 2- inch cubes
- bell pepper, hot red finger, stemmed, seeded
- cup paprika, sweet
- garlic cloves, smashed
- bay leaf
- cup white wine
- tablespoon salt, coarse sea (or to taste)
- teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- tablespoons olive oil (as much as needed)
How to Make Torresmos - Marinated Pork
- 1Place the meat in a non-reactive glass or ceramic or stainless steel bowl and season the meat with the peppers, paprika, garlic, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- 2Turn the meat in the seasoning to coat evenly and slowly pour the wine over the roast, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3About 1/2 hour before starting to cook, drain the marinade from the meat.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 5Drizzle the bottom of a roasting pan with olive oil to coat and add the meat.
- 6Place the pan in a 350 degree oven and cook for 1 hour, turning the meat to evenly brown.
- 7The meat should be fork tender.