Torresmos - Marinated Pork
This recipe can also be braised on the stove top in the marinade until fork tender.
Please Note: Prep time is the meat marinating in the fridge overnight.
4lbs pork butt, boneless, cut into 2- inch cubes
1-2bell pepper, hot red finger, stemmed, seeded
1/4cup paprika, sweet
8garlic cloves, smashed
3/4cup white wine
1tablespoon salt, coarse sea (or to taste)
1teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
4tablespoons olive oil (as much as needed)
How to Make Torresmos - Marinated Pork
- Place the meat in a non-reactive glass or ceramic or stainless steel bowl and season the meat with the peppers, paprika, garlic, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Turn the meat in the seasoning to coat evenly and slowly pour the wine over the roast, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- About 1/2 hour before starting to cook, drain the marinade from the meat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle the bottom of a roasting pan with olive oil to coat and add the meat.
- Place the pan in a 350 degree oven and cook for 1 hour, turning the meat to evenly brown.
- The meat should be fork tender.