The Ultimate Bacon Butty (Bacon Sandwich)
Andy Anderson !
With that said, I do love these little heart stoppers. The only problem is that they’re hard to make in the US because, as my UK friend from Bolton would say: We don’t have the proper bacon.
Well, let’s get cooking.
- 6 medium
- tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium
- apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium
- yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 oz
- white wine vinegar
- 4 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 4 slice
- white sandwich bread, nice and fresh, and soft
- 8 slice
- dry-cured, unsmoked, back bacon
- butter, salted
How to Make The Ultimate Bacon Butty (Bacon Sandwich)
- 1Take all the ingredients for the ketchup, and put them into a saucepan.
- 3Simmer, covered, for two hours.
- 5Remove ketchup from the heat, fish out and throw away the cloves, and place into a storage container. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 10Remove the bacon from the pan, and reserve.