Spiced Rubbed Pork Loin Roast
My husband loved this and gave me a thumbs up...I happened to not feel well that day and I could not eat very much..funny how a persons taste buds go haywire if you start to feel under the weather.
The kitchen smelled wonderful, and my husband was wanting his dinner the moment he walked in the door. My two dogs were doing somersaults as I cut the roast and hoping for a piece that might make it to the floor.
I got this recipe from:
2 to 3 lbpork loin roast
2 tspbrown sugar
2 tspcoriander, ground
1 1/2 tspcumin, ground
1 tspgarlic, minced
1 tspchili paste
1 tspwhite vinegar
1 tspolive oil, light
How to Make Spiced Rubbed Pork Loin Roast
- Mix all the paste ingredients with the olive oil in a small bowl to make the paste.
If your roast is large, make a double batch of paste.
- Rub the paste all over the roast and put into a Ziploc bag and let rest in the refrigerator for at least a few hours.
- Oven: pure convection: 350 degrees
Oven: bake: 375 degrees
Let roast come to room temperate while oven is preheating.
- Use a baking sheet (lined with foil)or a broiler pan. Line the bottom of the broiler pan with foil for a little easier cleaning.
- Remove the roast from the bag and lay in pan, fat side up.
Bake: 1 - 1 1/2 hours depending on the size of the roast.
Pure Convection: 1 - 1 1/2 hours depending on the size of the roast.
Use a meat thermometer inserted in the middle of the roast...145 to 155 degrees for pork to be done. Check temp after an hour and adjust time if needed.
- Let the roast stand for 5 minutes, tented with foil before slicing.