"Spetsofai" Greek Country Sausage Casserole
- 1/2 lb
- spicy sausages, sliced 1/2 in. thick (pork or beef)
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- medium sized tomatoes, peeled, halved, seeded & grated
- red & green peppers, seeded & cut into 1/2 in. strips (jullienne)
- medium size onions, sliced in rings
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp
- parsley for garnish
How to Make "Spetsofai" Greek Country Sausage Casserole
- 1Slowly saute the peppers in 2 Tbsp olive oil, until they brown slightly. Add the onion & garlic and saute for 5 minutes longer. Add the tomatoes & season with very little salt, pepper & sugar. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 2In another pan lightly saute the sausages, in the remaining oil. If you prefer you can grill the sausage or even BBQ. Add them to the peppers -tomato sauce and simmer together for 5 more minutes.
Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve hot with a rice pilaf and a glass or two of wine:)