Smoky Cauliflower and Sausage
I love to find good ways to fix vegetables that are easy.
I've added the carb and protein count so you don't have to figure it out.
1 mediumhead cauliflower or 1 pound of frozen cauliflower
1 pkg8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1/2 lbbulk pork sausage cooked and crumbled
4 ozsmoked gruyere, swiss, or any other smoked cheese cut into thin slices
-salt and pepper
How to Make Smoky Cauliflower and Sausage
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut up cauliflower and steam or microwave it until tender. Mash with a potato masher, and mix in the cream cheese and sausage.
- Spread half the cauliflower mixture in a 2-quart casserole dish. Top with half of the cheese slices.
- Add the remaining cauliflower and top with the remaining cheese.
Bake until bubbly. (about 30 minutes)
- Don't overcook. Smoked Gruyere with not look melted, but will be very creamy when dished out.
- Carbs 5 grams and 2 grams fiber for a total of 3 grams of usable carbs and 13 grams of protein.