- bueno dried red chile pods (stems and seeds removed)
- pigs feet (i didn't have any, and this is optional)
- 6 qt
- 1 lb
- lean pork meat, bite-sized
- 1 lb
- lean beef stew meat (i used moose just because i had it available))
- 2 lb. package bueno posole (frozen)
- 2 medium
- onions, diced
- 6 clove
- garlic, minced
- 4 tsp
- granulated garlic (use only granulated--not garlic powder)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 14 oz container red chile
- 1 oz
- bag green menudo mix or 2 tbsp mexican oregano
How to Make Posole
- 1I find it easiest to put everything in a large crockpot and let it cook all day or all night but I am posting the directions as written on the bag.
- 2Place chile pods, pigs' feet and 3 qts. water in an extra large (12 qt) pot. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 1 hour over medium to medium-high heat.
- 3Add pork and stew meat (including bones if any), posole and 3 more qts. water to pot. Bring to a slow boil. Cover and cook for 30 minutes over low to medium heat.
- 4Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a slow boil. Cover and cook for 1 hour over low to medium heat, allowing flavors to blend.
Serve with warm tortillas.