Pork Steaks with Peppers
The combination of flavors in this recipe makes an interesting choice for dinnertime.
However, since it only serves 4 you can double it to serve more if needed.
- 2 Tbsp
- olive or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb
- pork blade steaks, 1/2" thick
- 3 medium
- red, green or yellow peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium
- tomato, coarsely chopped
- envelope lipton recipe secrets onion, onion-mushroom or beefy mushroom recipe soup mix
- 1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp
How to Make Pork Steaks with Peppers
- 1In large skillet, heat oil and brown steaks over medium-high heat. Remove steaks. Reduce heat to medium; into skillet, add peppers and garlic and cook 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- 2Stir in tomato, then onion recipe soup mix blended with water, thyme and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 3Return steaks to skillet and simmer uncovered, stirring sauce occasionally, 25 minutes or until steaks and vegetables are tender.