Pork Schnitzel w/Mushroom Gravy
My husband didn't think he would like it and even picked out the shrooms but he really loved the flavorful gravy on the cutlets so it was a win, win! --- Anyway, more shrooms for me. hehe
- 4 - 6 medium
- pork cutlets, or can use pork loin pounded into thin cutlets
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- flour (approx)
- 2 medium
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 1 pkg
- mushrooms, fresh
- 1/3 - 1/2 c
- onions, diced small
- 1 lb
- spaetzel, or other type of noodles
- onion powder
- garlic salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 c
- wine/or chicken broth
- flour, use if needed for making your gravy thicker. i didn't use any.
How to Make Pork Schnitzel w/Mushroom Gravy
- 1Now if you purchase pork loin you'll have to use the mallet and thin out. Season your cutlets with salt and pepper. Next, dip in flour, combine your eggs and milk; whisk well. Dip your cutlet into that mixture and then last in the combined cornflakes, breadcrumbs and paprika.
- 2Add your oil to frying pan and fry your breaded pork cutlets for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- 3Meanwhile, you can sauté your shrooms & onions in some butter, then add white wine or chicken broth. I didn't measure my onion powder or garlic salt so use to your discretion.
- 4I had leftover Spaetzel so I fried it up with some butter, garlic salt and pepper. You can serve this over any noodle you want, rice or even mashed potatoes.