Pork Loin with Cherries
Leslie Speed Dutton
- 1 c
- cherry preserves (not sour cherry)
- 1/2 c
- cherry juice $
- 1/2 c
- dried cherries
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- boneless pork loin roast (about 3 1/2 lb.
- salt and pepper
How to Make Pork Loin with Cherries
- 11. Stir together preserves, juice, dried cherries and vinegar in slow cooker.
- 2Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat pork roast dry with paper towels; sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. When oil is hot but not smoking, brown pork on all sides, turning with tongs, about 10 minutes total. Transfer to slow cooker and place on top of cherry mixture.
- 33. Cover and cook on low until pork is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 145°F on a meat thermometer, about 4 hours. Remove pork to a cutting board and tent with foil to rest.
- 44. Skim fat from cooking juices and transfer juices (with cherries) to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to medium-low and keep at a brisk simmer until liquid has reduced to 2 cups, about 10 minutes. Slice pork and serve with juices and cherries spooned on top.