Pork Chops with Thyme Sauce
- pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- tablespoons butter
- onion, thinly sliced
- teaspoon garlic powder
- teaspoon pepper
- tablespoons flour
- teaspoon dried sage
- teaspoon dried thyme
- cup white wine
- teaspoon salt
How to Make Pork Chops with Thyme Sauce
- 1Saute onion in butter.
- 2Remove onions and keep warm.
- 3Combine garlic, pepper, flour, sage and thyme and press onto both sides of meat.
- 4Brown pork chops in pan with remaining butter, remove the chops.
- 5Add 1/2 cup wine to pan and bring to a boil.
- 6Return pork chops to pan and cover, reduce heat to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- 7Remove pork chops and add remaining 1/4 cup wine to pan.
- 8Broil over high heat until reduced to a syrupy glaze.
- 9Pour sauce over chops and top with onions and enjoy.