Loey's Baked Pork Chops and Stuffing
- 1/2 c
- butter, divided
- 1/2 lb
- fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, chopped
- 3 stalk(s)
- celery, chopped
- soup cans water, divided
- 2 can(s)
- cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 pkg
- chicken or pork stuffing mix, or one of each
- boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- soup can milk
How to Make Loey's Baked Pork Chops and Stuffing
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Place 1/2 cup butter in a large saucepan and saute mushrooms, onions and celery 5 minutes. Mix in 2 1/2 soup cans of water, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and bring almost to a boil. Add stuffing mix; stir and let stand 5 minutes.
- 3Melt remaining butter in a skillet, brown pork chops on both sides and transfer to baking dish.
- 4Add 1/2 soup can of water to skillet, deglaze and pour over stuffing mixture; stir to combine. Generously scoop stuffing on each pork chop.
- 5Whisk together remaining can of soup and 1 soup can of milk until smooth; pour into baking dish and over pork chops.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees about 20 to 25 minutes, or until pork chops are tender.