Liver & onions
- 1 1/2 .lb
- pork liver( sliced into strips )
- 1/2-1 stic
- butter, enough to fry onions and pork in)
- 3-4 lg.
- onions ( vidalia is best, but reg. yellow ones will do)
- 3/4 c.appx
How to Make Liver & onions
- 2Stirring often..til they begin to brown..when onions are tender..gently break them up..( I use a wooden spoon..that way they seperate but don't break ).. sprinkle sugar evenly and lightly starting from once side and slowly working your way to the other side if the fry pan over the onions..lift onion up and over and repeat with suger..stir..
- 5Turn heat down to just below medium..turn once..sprinkle sugar again..and immediately turn back over..cook slowly when the edges of the liver begin to change color..turn over..sprinkle with sugar again..but only if you're not a big liver fan..lol..cook til JUST done..when a fork sticks into them easily and don't feel spongy..they are done..at this point remove both the liver and the onions ..((note; if onions begin to brown too much take them out ahead of time and add them back to pan at last min. To warm back up again..fry remaining liver and do it again..if you wish you can start with more fresh onions..