- 12-15 sprig(s)
- 8 Tbsp
- fish sauce
- green onion, sliced
- 3/4 Tbsp
- chili pepper, dried and ground
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground pork
- 10 sprig(s)
- mint, fresh
- 6 Tbsp
- toasted rice, coursely ground
How to Make Larb
- 1Squeeze juice from 2 limes on to the ground pork. Mix well and let it marinate for just a couple of minutes until you are ready to cook it.
- 2Heat up a pan on high until it is very hot. Add 1/4 cup water and then immediately add your marinated pork and stir. The pork will stick to the pan at first, but then the juice will come out and the meat will loosen from the bottom.
- 3Keep stirring until the pork is well done.
- 4Put the pork in a bowl a large mixing bowl that will hold all the ingredients. Add fish sauce, green onion, shallot, cilantro, the rest of the lime juice, ground chili pepper and almost all of toasted rice into the bowl. Save some toasted rice to sprinkle on top for garnish. Mix well and taste. It should be a little bit hot. You should be able to taste tartness from the lime juice and the fish sauce. If you need to add more fish sauce or lime juice, don't be afraid. Getting the flavor balance right is a trial and error process.
- 5Put the mixed ingredients in a serving bowl, garnish with spearmint and sprinkle the rest of toasted rice on top. Serve with vegetables like cabbage, green beans, lettuce and Thai basil.