Father Tim's Mother's Pork Roast
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1 Tbspall purpose flour
4 lbboneless boston butt pork roast (1 piece)
1/2 cfresh sage leaves/ or 3 tbsp dried sage
1/2 cchopped fresh rosemary/ or 2 tbsp dried rosemary
1/4 cfresh thyme leaves/or 2 tablespoon dried tyme
10 clovegarlic, minced
2 tspsea salt
2 Tbspunsalted butter, softened
4 creduced fat chicken stock
How to Make Father Tim's Mother's Pork Roast
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Place oil in heavy Dutch oven, over medium high heat
- Rub flour over the meat; brown all sides of the meat in the Dutch oven. Takes about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Place the sage, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt, bourbon and butter in small bowl; stir until it forms a thick paste; rub herb paste all over the pork roast.
- Return to Dutch oven; pour 3 cups of the chicken stock around the pork; cover and place in the oven.
- Cook for 5 hours; check the meat after 3 hours, and add another cup of stock if sauce looks too dry; remove from oven; allow meat to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with gravy from the pan.