Family Favorite Ham Casserole
- cups fully cooked ham, cubed
- cups cooked, diced potatoes
- cup frozen and defrosted or canned whole kernel corn, drained, or 2 ears of fresh
- cup fresh, minced parsley or 1 tb. dried
- tb. chopped onion
- cup butter
- cup flour
- 1 3/4
- c. milk
- tsp. pepper
- c. shredded cheddar
- tsp. salt, depending on the saltiness of your ham
How to Make Family Favorite Ham Casserole
- 1In a large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients; set aside. Saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Then, stir in flour until blended. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk, and pepper.
- 2Bring to a low simmer and stir for 2 minutes. I occasionally add 1/4 c. shredded cheddar at this point, too. Remove from heat, pour over the ham mixture and stir to combine. Taste test for salt. Add 1/8- 1/4 tsp. depending on the saltiness of your ham.
- 3Transfer to a greased 11x7x2 baking dish.
- 4Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer until cheese is melted.