CREAMY ORECCHIETTE WITH SAUSAGE, PEAS & MINT
Recipe & photo: rachaelraymag.com
- 3/4 lb
- 1 c
- greek yogurt
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- salt and black pepper
- 1 pinch
- cayenne pepper
- 3/4 lb
- sweet italian sausage, casings removed, in bite-size pieces
- 2 c
- thawed frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh mint
How to Make CREAMY ORECCHIETTE WITH SAUSAGE, PEAS & MINT
- 1In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix the yogurt and garlic; season with salt and the cayenne.
- 3In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the peas and season with salt and black pepper. Cook until just heated through. Add the pasta and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water and toss, adding the remaining pasta water if needed to thin the sauce; season with salt and black pepper.
- 4Divide the pasta among 4 bowls. Top with the yogurt mixture and mint.
- 5If you like it spicier, use spicy Italian sausage instead of sweet.