CREAMY BACON VEGGIE PASTA SKILLET
Recipe & Photo: Kraftrecipes.com
- 4 slice
- bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 c
- 2 c
- elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 4 c
- cut-up mixed fresh vegetables (broccoli florets, sliced carrots, red pepper strips)
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, cubed
- 2 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
How to Make CREAMY BACON VEGGIE PASTA SKILLET
- 1Cook and stir bacon in a large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Add onions to drippings in skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2Add chicken broth, water and macaroni to skillet; stir. Bring to boil; cover. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- 3Add vegetables and cream cheese; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended and heated through, stirring frequently. (You may want to cook just a little longer if you want your veggies more tender.) Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan.
- 4NOTE: You may substitute 1 - 16 oz. package thawed and drained frozen mixed vegetables for the cut-up fresh veggies.