Chorizagna - My Mexican Chorizo Lasagna
1 boxlasagna noodles ready-bake
1 pkgchorizo (Mexican sausage, mild or medium), 16 oz.
1 mediumyellow onion
1 can(s)favorite spaghetti sauce, 24 oz.
1 pkgcheese (pepper jack cheese- if you like spicy), 8 oz.
3 Tbspvegetable oil
1 largecontainer of cottage cheese, 24 oz.
How to Make Chorizagna - My Mexican Chorizo Lasagna
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium pan heat chorizo (if in casing remove casing - we only need the filling :D). Cook through and pour it into a dish to set to the side for now.
- Chop onion, green pepper, and garlic. Heat oil in the pan. Add ingredients to the pan. Heat until slightly translucent.
- Add sauce and chorizo to the pan with onion mixture. Keep on medium heat until heated through.
- Break egg into a bowl. Add cottage cheese and mix.
- Spray casserole dish with Pam/grease with butter/whatever you prefer (I like Pam). Layer some of the meat until it covers the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top of the meat.
- Drop spoonfuls of cottage cheese mixture next and spread. Then place the bake-ready lasagna strips over that (covering the cottage cheese). Finish this layering process and end with either meat or cottage cheese. Top with remaining cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pop in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes. Check it - if it's bubbling, it's done. Let sit for about 10 minutes or more. Enjoy!