- bone-in pork rib chops. 1 1/2 thick
- 4 slice
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, light
- 1 tsp
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- salt and pepper,to taste.
- thin slices smoked ham
- slices of swiss and 4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- bread crumbs,seasoned
- 1 1/2 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 4 sprig(s)
- 3 large
- eggs, and a dash or two of hot sauce.
- 1 1/2 c
- cherry wine
- 3/4 c
- cherry preserves
FOR THE WINE SAUCE
How to Make Bob W's Breaded Stuffed Pork Chops with a Cherry w
- 1Give the pork chops a quick cure. Combine brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Sprinkle on each chop and rub in. Let stand at room temp for about 30 minutes.
In a non-stick pan, (I use a 10 inch cast iron skillet.) Add olive oil, Med high heat, Cook bacon for about 4-5 minutes. You do not want it crisp. Remove with slotted spoon and let drain. Then cut bacon into small bites.
- 2After chops have cured. Take a knife and cut a pocket in them all the way to the bone.
Wile stuffing the pork chops, pre-heat oven to 350. Stuff each pork chop with 1 slice of ham, slice of swiss and 1 slice of mozzarella, and 1 slice of bacon. Close with tooth picks.
- 3In 3 shallow bowls put bread crumbs in one, eggs beaten with hot sauce in one, and panko crumbs in the other. Now coat each pork chop in bread crumbs then eggs then panko crumbs.
In the skillet that you cooked the bacon. Brown each chop on both sides. About 4-5 minutes per side. After browning the pork chops remove to a backing pan with a rack. In the skillet on med heat add Cherry Wine. Scraping the bottom wile cooking. Now add Preserves. Cook till reduced by 1/2
- 4Transfer chops to a baking pan with a rack in it. put one sprig of thyme on each pork chop,.
Bake for about 5-7 minutes per side. Or until cheese starts to escape. Remove from baking pan to plates. Drizzle a little sauce on each pork chop. I serve this with a baked potato