Awesome Drunken Green Chili Stew with a Twist
Andy Anderson !
So, are you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 lb
- pork stew, cubed, and trimmed of any excess fat
- 1 medium
- yellow onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- flour, all purpose
- 1 tsp
- cumin, ground
- 2 c
- beef broth, or stock: : Hearty Beef Stock
- 1 c
- dark beer, i prefer guinness beer
- 2 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar
- 14 oz
- tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- 3 large
- anaheim green chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
- salt, to taste
How to Make Awesome Drunken Green Chili Stew with a Twist
- 1Preparing the Chilies: Roast the chilies on a grill, over the open flame of a gas stove, or under the broiler, until they are charred on all sides. Then place them into a zip-lock bag, and allow to steam for about ten minutes. Remove from bag and peel off the charred skin (it should come off easily with your fingers). Core, seed, slice into strips, and reserve.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven, or heavy bottomed pot, over medium-high heat.
- 6Place the browned pork on a plate, and reserve.
- 9Add the flour and cumin, and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- 15Bring to the boil, cover, and then place the pot in the preheated oven for one hour.
- 18After the first hour in the oven, add the pureed tomatillos, and the chili strips to the pot, stir, and cover. Continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes. Serve nice and hot.