Awesome Drunken Green Chili Stew with a Twist
Andy Anderson !
So, are you ready… Let’s get into the kitchen.
2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
3 lbpork stew, cubed, and trimmed of any excess fat
1 mediumyellow onion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, minced
1 1/2 Tbspflour, all purpose
1 tspcumin, ground
2 cbeef broth, or stock: : Hearty Beef Stock
1 cdark beer, i prefer guinness beer
2 Tbspred wine vinegar
14 oztomatillos, husked and rinsed
3 largeanaheim green chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch strips
·fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
·salt, to taste
How to Make Awesome Drunken Green Chili Stew with a Twist
- Preparing the Chilies: Roast the chilies on a grill, over the open flame of a gas stove, or under the broiler, until they are charred on all sides. Then place them into a zip-lock bag, and allow to steam for about ten minutes. Remove from bag and peel off the charred skin (it should come off easily with your fingers). Core, seed, slice into strips, and reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven, or heavy bottomed pot, over medium-high heat.
- Place the browned pork on a plate, and reserve.
- Add the flour and cumin, and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- Bring to the boil, cover, and then place the pot in the preheated oven for one hour.
- After the first hour in the oven, add the pureed tomatillos, and the chili strips to the pot, stir, and cover. Continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes. Serve nice and hot.