3 1/2 cpasta or spaghetti sauce
16 oz.container, low fat cottage cheese
8 oz. bag(s)shredded mozarella cheese
3/4 cgrated pamesan cheese
1/2 tspdried parsley
8 oz. bag(s)fresh spinach
8 oz.sliced mushrooms
1 bunchbroccoli, chopped
1zucchini, sliced into 1/4" slices
·can substitute other vegetables to taste for those listed above.
How to Make Vegetable Lasagna
- Empty cottage cheese into a large strainer and allow to sit in the refrigerator for an hour to drain off any excess liquid. Cream with a hand blender to break up the curds. Add egg, half of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and parsley. Stir together and set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions until just done. (Can also use no-cook noodles, if you prefer.)
- Stir fry vegetables, except spinach, until crisp tender to remove some of the excess liquid. Drain on paper towels. Add spinach to same pan and cook until just wilted. Drain on paper towels.
- Spray an 11x8 baking dish with PAM. Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom. Layer 3 noodles, half of the cheese mix, half of the vegetables, and sauce. Repeat once, and end with top layer of noodles. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil.** Bake at 350 for an hour and 15 minutes. Remove foil, add remainder of mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until melted. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- ** May be refrigerated earlier in the day. Add an additional 15 to 30 minutes to baking time, depending on how long it's been refrigerated.