☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbground beef
1-15 oz. can(s)refried beans
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 tsphot chili powder
1/2 tspgarlic powder
1-24 oz. jar(s)salsa
1-8 oz. can(s)tomato sauce
1-16 oz. jar(s)alfredo pasta sauce
4 cshredded monterey jack or cheddar cheese
12lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
·black olives, chopped onions, chopped peppers, chopped cilantro, optional
How to Make Tex Mex Lasagna
- Brown ground beef and drain. Stir in beans, taco and other seasonings.
- Reserve 1/2 cup salsa; stir the rest of the salsa and tomato sauce into the beef mixture.
- Mix pasta sauce with 3 cups of cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup salsa on the bottom of a sprayed 12x8 baking pan.
- Layer 3 noodles, 1/2 cheese mix, 3 noodles, 1/2 beef mix and repeat, ending with beef mix on top. (Add some water to the beef mix before spreading it on as the last layer.)
- According to your taste, you can also add chopped onions, black olives, peppers and cilantro to any of the layers.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover with foil and bake at least 1 1/4 hours until bubbly. Sprinkle last cup of cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Note -- You can substitute lighter and reduced ingredients, if available, without impacting the taste. Can also use corn tortillas instead of lasagna noodles.