Spaghetti Squash w/ Chicken
2 smallspaghetti squash (about 4 lb each)
3 clovegarlic, finely minced
1 Tbspfresh parsley or cilantro, finely minced
1 Tbspfresh basil, finely minced
1 Tbspfresh oregano, finely minced
15-20cherry tomatoes, cut in halves or forths
1/2 largegreen bell pepper, chopped
1/2 largered bell pepper, chopped
1/2 largeyellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cred onions, diced really small
1/2 lbground chicken (turkey, pork, or beef)
2-3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
·salt, season to taste
·black, pepper season to taste
1/2 cparmesan cheese, shredded
How to Make Spaghetti Squash w/ Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375°F, pierce the spaghetti squash for ventilation and bake for 45 min or until knife goes through with little pressure.
- While spaghetti squash is baking, mince garlic, parsley, basil and oregano, put in a small bowl together and set aside for later. Have garlic in a separate bowl.
- Chop and mince all veggies put in a bowl together and set aside for later.
- Around the last 10-15 minutes of spaghetti squash baking. Sauté ground chicken until cooked through. Drain if necessary and set aside.
- When spaghetti squash is ready remove from oven and let cool. Remove seeds and set aside.
- While Spaghetti squash is cooling add olive oil and garlic to a large sauté pan or wok. Sauté garlic until you can smell the garlic cooking.
- Add in parsley, basil and oregano to pan and sauté for a minute.
- Stir in all the veggies and sauté enough to kind of soften them, then add ground chicken.
- Take a fork and shred spaghetti squash long ways in the pan sautéing between each half of squash addition to get it mixed well.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and salt & pepper, then serve. If you like cheese like I do add more cheese on top once on your plate and eat.