Spaghetti Carbonara (My Family's Recipe)
1 cheavy cream
1 cwhite wine
2 Tbspminced garlic
2 csliced mushrooms
1 lbcut ham
1 cgrated romano cheese
1 lbfettuccine pasta
How to Make Spaghetti Carbonara (My Family's Recipe)
- Start cooking the fettuccine according to package directions.
Take bacon and fry it to fairly crisp (I, personally, cut it to pieces and then fry it).
- Dice ham (I buy the already diced ham at the grocery for convenience) and toss it with the bacon. Get brown. Drain grease and set aside.
- Over medium heat, take HALF stick of butter and add garlic. Cook approximately 2 minutes and then add in the onions until translucent. Add the other half stick of butter and then add the sliced mushrooms. Cooked for another 5-10 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Take the bacon and ham and add it to the garlic, onions, and mushrooms. Add the cup of wine. Heat for 2-3 minutes to let the alcohol burn off. Then add the cup of heavy cream.
- When fettuccine is done, add the Romano cheese to the sauce mixture and stir constantly until well combined and you have a nice thick sauce.
- Toss in the fettuccine or you can serve the fettuccine on individual plates and top with sauce. I personally toss it all together.