Roasted Eggplant Pasta
How to Make Roasted Eggplant Pasta
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut eggplant, pepper, onion, tomatoes in half and place on a baking sheet with garlic cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 40 minutes.
- 2Remove peel from eggplant and bell pepper and place in food processor with onion, tomatoes and garlic. Pulse until smooth.
- 3Add cheese and 1/4 cup basil pulsing again until smooth.
- 4Cook pasta according to manufacture’s suggestion in salted water. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup water pasta cooked in.
- 5Toss pasta with eggplant sauce and a bit of the pasta water if sauce is too thick. Serve topped with chopped basil.