Quick Garlic Pesto Alfredo with shrimp or chicken
- 12-16 oz
- pasta your choice cooked
- 2 clove
- chopped garlic divided
- 1 lb
- large frozen shrimp thawed or fresh shrimp with tails removed. may also use chicken breast sliced in 2" wide and thick piecess.
- 3 Tbsp
- butter divided
- 1 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp
- corn starch
- turns of fresh black pepper
- 4 Tbsp
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 3 1/2 oz
- your choice. i use a 1/2 container of buitoni pesto with basil( in refrigerated section of store)
- add some chopped sun dried tomatoes if desired
- 2-3 c
- steamed broccoli if desired
How to Make Quick Garlic Pesto Alfredo with shrimp or chicken
- 2(Note: if using chicken. Cook chicken until no pink shows. Add Garlic last. Follow same steps for shrimp. Remove from pan and set aside)
Add thawed shrimp, or chicken to butter. Saute for a minute to heat. Remove Shrimp , or chicken with Butter and Garlic to a plattter. In to same pan add 2 more tablespoons of butter,and remaining chopped Garlic. Cook for 1 minute. Add in the cream, and corn starch. Cook to boiling stirring constantly.
- 3While that is cooking boil pasta with 1 teaspoon of salt. in the boiling water.
To the cream in pan. add the of pesto,and cracked black pepper. Cook to boiling. Reduce heat to medium. add the parmigiano-reggiano. Stir until it thickens a bit. Add the shrimp with Garlic and butter to Alfredo sauce. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.