Pasta with Oven Roasted Vegetables
- 5 oz
- pasta of choice
- medium eggplant
- small zucchini (or one large)
- red bell pepper
- 1 c
- canned tomatoes or passata or tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- pesto of choice
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 c
- parmesan or pecorino cheese, grated (optional)
How to Make Pasta with Oven Roasted Vegetables
- 1Cube eggplant in about 1 1/2 inch cubes, sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10 minutes in a colander.
- 2Preheat oven to 420°F (or 220°C) and grease a baking pan with 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 3Cube zucchini and bell pepper into 1 inch cubes, put in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- 4Pat eggplant cubes dry and combine with the other vegetables. Add remaining three tablespoons olive oil, mix well and pour into greased baking pan.
- 5Bake at 420°F (220° C) for 30-40 minutes (depending on your oven. Watch the vegetables closely and stir occasionally, add more olive oil if they seem too dry). The vegetables should become browned but remain somewhat crisp.
- 6Cook pasta according to package directions; meanwhile, in a pan which is large enough for pasta and vegetables to fit in, gently heat the canned tomatoes or passata or tomato sauce, stir in the pesto.
- 7Add roasted vegetables to the tomato-pesto sauce, mix well, then add drained pasta.
- 8Add grated parmesan cheese or pecorino, and serve immediately.