PASTA WITH BEANS, BROCCOLI & BACON
Recipe & photo: Green Bean Delivery Co.
- 3 slice
- bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips
- 2 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 2 c
- rough-chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 to 1/2 c
- chicken stock
- 1 c
- cooked cannellini beans
- 1/2 lb
- penne or rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
- dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 c
- toasted bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
How to Make PASTA WITH BEANS, BROCCOLI & BACON
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it is brown and beginning to crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Pour most of the bacon fat from the pan, add the 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and warm over medium heat. Saute the garlic until soft, about 2 minutes.
- 2Add the broccoli and saute until coated and beginning to wilt. Add 1/4 cup of the chicken stock, stirring and scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Cover partially and cook, stirring occasionally, and adding more chicken stock if needed, for about 10 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- 3Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions, until it is al dente. Drain but don't rinse.
- 4When the broccoli is cooked, add pasta, beans, and reserved bacon. Add the red pepper flakes, if desired, and salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
- 5Remove from heat; add bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Toss gently and serve in warmed bowls. Drizzle each bowl with olive oil, Parmesan and freshly ground pepper.
Serve with some crusty bread and a lettuce salad.