Lemon Basil Spaghetti
Lisa G. Sweet Pantry Gal
Here is a lite simple recipe.
I used dreamfields pasta to cut down on carbs.
Serve as main dish with a nice salad or serve as a side dish! Perfect side to seafood.
- 2/3 c
- olive oil
- 2/3 c
- parmigiano-reggiano, grated
- 1/2 c
- fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 lb
- peeled garlic cloves (optional)
- 1/3 c
- fresh chopped lemon basil
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon zest
How to Make Lemon Basil Spaghetti
- 2In a pot of heavily salted boiling garlic water add spaghetti and cook till a dente approx 8min. Drain and save a cup of pasta water.Remove garlic cloves can be used for bread spread. Add pasta to lemon sauce. Toss in basil and lemon zest adding pasta water 1/4 cup at a time, to get a creamy sauce.
Transfer to serving bowl adding more basil and lemon zest to garnish.
(I add garlic to my pasta water and remove)